Junior induction course
- All junior beginners will begin with a 4 week introductory course. These are held at 9.00am on Saturday’s and cost £40 for 4 sessions. Please arrange these by emailing Sue at: email@example.com
- Following the induction course, you will then be invited to join the club.We offer sessions on Wednesday at 6.00pm and Saturday at 10.30am. See more about junior membership.
Adult taster sessions
- Get started with a taster session. These typically run at 9am on Saturday’s throughout the year. It may also be possible to arrange a session at another time.
- We charge £20 per person for a 2-hour taster session, including equipment and coaching. This fee will be refunded if you join the club. All coaching and equipment is free for members.
- There sessions are typically for people 18 or older, as we run separate sessions for juniors. Let us know your age when you get in touch.
What to wear
- You need to be able to swim in clothes. There is only a small chance of ending up in the river, but you need to be at peace with the possibility!
- You should wear clothes that allow you to move freely and that you don’t mind getting wet. If it’s rainy or breezy then a light windproof top is useful.
- If you have some non-bulky shoes that you don’t mind getting wet then that can be good.
- Some people will go out in any weather but taster sessions are best in reasonable weather. We can always rearrange a taster session if the weather is bad. Just let us know in advance.
- The clubhouse has changing rooms and showers so bring a change of clothing and a towel.
- As with any activity on a river or lake, you should wash your hands after going on the river.
- There are lockers to keep your valuables in – you will need to bring your own padlock for these. If you haven’t got a padlock, the coach may be able to store these in a locker for you.
- Let the coaches know of any medical conditions that might be relevant.
You can view our safety policy here: http://www.royalcanoeclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ROYAL-CANOE-CLUB-safety-policy-and-code-of-conduct-2016-17.docx
And you can also view British Canoeing’s Coaches and officials code of conduct, Code of conduct for parents and carers, and Changing room guidance here: https://www.britishcanoeing.
Get started now
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a taster session.