- Get started with a taster session. These typically run at 9am on Saturday’s throughout the year. It may also be possible to arrange a session at another time.
- We charge £20 per person for a 2-hour taster session, including equipment and coaching. This fee will be refunded if you join the club. All coaching and equipment is free for members.
- There sessions are typically for people 18 or older, as we run separate sessions for juniors. Let us know your age when you get in touch.
What to wear
- You need to be able to swim in clothes. There is only a small chance of ending up in the river, but you need to be at peace with the possibility!
- You should wear clothes that allow you to move freely and that you don’t mind getting wet. If it’s rainy or breezy then a light windproof top is useful.
- If you have some non-bulky shoes that you don’t mind getting wet then that can be good.
- Some people will go out in any weather but taster sessions are best in reasonable weather. We can always rearrange a taster session if the weather is bad. Just let us know in advance.
- The clubhouse has changing rooms and showers so bring a change of clothing and a towel.
- As with any activity on a river or lake, you should wash your hands after going on the river.
- There are lockers to keep your valuables in – you will need to bring your own padlock for these. If you haven’t got a padlock, the coach may be able to store these in a locker for you.
- Let the coaches know of any medical conditions that might be relevant.
Get started now
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a taster session.