You are very welcome at Royal Canoe Club!
Whatever type of canoeing you practice, a warm welcome awaits you at Royal. If you have any questions about membership, or would like a taster session, just send an email to email@example.com.
How the fees work
If you decide to join then there are 2 fees that need to be paid.
- A TWC (Teddington Watersports Centre) fee is paid yearly for use of the site, which is used by 4 separate clubs.
- Royal Canoe Club membership, which covers equipment and junior coaching.
The annual TWC fee for juniors is £135 for junior members.
In addition, juniors pay coaching subs termly to the canoe club. These are £100 per 17 week term for beginners and cover allow you to attend up to 2 sessions a week. Coaching Subs are due on: 1st January, 1st May and 1st September.
The cost of coaching works out at £1.65 per hour. Coaching subs increase as junior members move up ability groups, and more sessions are available to them.
Parents of junior members
We encourage at least one parent of junior members to be a friend of the club (£50) or a full member (£310).
Friends of the club receive:
- Access to the clubhouse where Tea, Coffee and Cake is served on a Saturday, and Dinner is served on a Wednesday.
- An invitation to all club socials
- Information on upcoming races and events
- Access to the parents WhatsApp group
Full members also receive
- Access to all club equipment
- Gym membership
- 2 free learn to paddle sessions, at a suitable time
Adults pay TWC to cover the costs of the site:
- Family Membership is £490 (based on 2 adults and children under 18)
- Adult Membership is £195
- Student membership £155
- Outport £125 (if you live more than 50 miles away and have only occasional use of the premises)
- Social Membership is £40
- University membership is available to existing members who go away for their studies and only want to come back in the holidays – please speak to Janet Evans for further information.
In addition, membership for the canoe club is £50 per year for individual members who own their own boat and £115 for those that do not.
Membership is payable on 1st April each year. Members joining after April pay on a pro rata basis.
Racking of boats
Racking is available for private boats, but there may be a waiting a list. Certain types of boat are harder to rack and space may be limited. For further information connect with Janet Evans on 020 8390 4675 – please inquire regarding racking, with costs depending on whether boats are inside, outside, K1, K2 or Canadian.
Racking costs £65.00 to store a K1.
Download the appropriate application form. Complete and return as per details provided in the form.