You are very welcome at Royal Canoe Club!
Whatever type of canoeing you practice, a warm welcome awaits you at Royal. If you have any questions about membership, or would like a taster session, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How the fees work
If you decide to join then there are 2 fees that need to be paid.
- A TWC (Teddington Watersports Centre) fee is paid yearly for use of the site, which is used by 4 separate clubs.
- Royal Canoe Club membership, which covers equipment and junior coaching.
The annual TWC fee for juniors is £135.
Junior fees are £30 per month due on the 1st of each month.
Depending on ability, juniors will be assigned to a training group with access to a minimum of 4 sessions per week.
Parents of junior members
We encourage at least one parent of junior members to be a friend of the club (£40) or a full member (£310).
Find more details for junior members in our Junior Overview information sheet.
Friends of the club receive:
- Access to the clubhouse where Tea, Coffee and Cake is served on a Saturday, and Dinner is served on a Wednesday.
- An invitation to all club socials
- Information on upcoming races and events
- Access to the parents WhatsApp group
Full members also receive
- Access to all club equipment
- Gym membership
- 2 free learn to paddle sessions, at a suitable time
Adults pay TWC to cover the costs of the site*:
- Family Membership is £495 (based on 2 adults and children under 18)
- Senior Membership is £195
- Student membership £160
- Outport £135 (if you live more than 50 miles away and have only occasional use of the premises)
- Social Membership is £40
*Social membership does not require you to pay TWC costs.
In addition, membership for the canoe club is £50 per year for individual members who own their own boat and £115 for those that do not.
Membership is payable on 1st April each year. Members joining after April pay on a pro rata basis.
Racking of boats
Racking is available for private boats, but there may be a waiting a list. Certain types of boat are harder to rack and space may be limited. For further information connect with Janet Evans on 020 8390 4675 – please inquire regarding racking, with costs depending on whether boats are inside, outside, K1, K2 or Canadian.
Racking costs £65.00 to store a K1.
Download the appropriate application form. Complete and return as per details provided in the form.