You are very welcome at Royal Canoe Club!
Whatever type of canoeing you practice, a warm welcome awaits you at Royal. We have members at every level, from child beginners through to Olympic athletes. Many of Britain’s best paddlers have come through our coaching system and we have a long track record of producing excellent canoeists.
If you’re more interested in the social side of the club, that’s fine by us. We have a terrific clubhouse and a range of social activities. But you can be pretty sure that canoeing will figure prominently in your time with us – there is always someone to go out on the water with and we’re a friendly, sociable place.
Telephone contact details are below. Or you can email us at: email@example.com. Membership forms can be sent upon request.
Membership is in two parts:
- Basic Site Membership payable to the Teddington Watersports Centre (TWC) who are the freeholders to the general site. This fee goes towards the upkeep of the premises; paying general maintenance, utilities, insurance, cleaning and many other expenses that occur from time to time. The TWC application form can be downloaded here.
- Royal Canoe Club Membership goes towards maintenance and replacement of club boats and equipment, insurance and boat licences. The RCC membership and racking form can be downloaded here.
A summary of the 2016 TWC Fees are as follows :
- Family Membership is £490 (based on 2 adults and children under 18)
- Adult Membership is £195
- Junior Membership is £130
- Student membership £155
- Outport £125 (if you live more than 50 miles away and have only occasional use of the premises)
- Social Membership is £40
- University membership is available to existing members who go away for their studies and only want to come back in the holidays – please speak to Janet Evans for further information.
Membership for RCC is £40 per year for individual members who own their own boat and £100 for those that do not. Membership is payable on 1st April each year and those joining after April pay on a pro rata basis.
Juniors are charged pro rata for their membership fees at £5 per month.
Racking of boats
Racking is available for private boats, but there may be a waiting a list. Certain types of boat are harder to rack and space may be limited. For further information connect with Janet Evans on 020 8390 4675 – please inquire regarding racking, with costs depending on whether boats are inside, outside, K1, K2 or Canadian.
Racking costs £65.00 to store a k1.
Adult Beginners and those looking to get back into a boat
For futher information email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download an information pack for members and parents by clicking here.
Membership of the British Canoe Union
The governing body for canoeing and kayaking in the UK is the British Canoe Union (BCU). All members of the canoe and kayak section are encouraged to become members. Membership forms and rates can be obtained from the BCU website.
The safety policy for canoeing and kayaking is contained in the membership pack.
Environment Agency Information
Information about river conditions including flood and strong stream warnings can be obtained from theEnvironment Agency Floodline Number 0845 988 1188. The region number for the stretch of river adjacent to RCC is 011131 (needed for quick dial options). You can also obtain information on river conditions from the lock keeper at Teddington lock who will advise whether the river is on a red stream warning. The telephone number is 020 8940 8723.
Waterways Licence for Boat Owners
Membership of the BCU incudes a Waterways Licence, which this year has been extended to cover the River Thames. If you are not a BCU member and own your own boat it is essential that you purchase a Thames Licence. These can be obtained from the Environment Agency at the following address: Environment Agency, Meadow House, Kings Meadow Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 8DQ.
Wednesday night is the canoeists’ club evening. During the winter months food is available between 6.30 pm and 8.30 pm and in the summer between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm. Our club night food is renowned for its high quality and budget price!