You are very welcome at Royal Canoe Club!
Whatever type of canoeing you practice, a warm welcome awaits you at Royal. If you have any questions about membership, or would like a taster session, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full membership gives you access to the site, use of the gyms, use of club boats & equipment at any time (in accordance with the club safety policy) novice coaching for adults & full coaching for juniors. Additional full coaching for adults of all abilities is available as an optional extra.
How the fees work
If you decide to join then there are 2 fees that need to be paid.
- A TWC (Teddington Watersports Centre) fee is paid yearly for use of the site and gyms (24 hours), which is used by 4 separate clubs.
- Royal Canoe Club membership, which covers canoe / kayak equipment and junior coaching.
|membership||Use of club boats *|
|Adults||£195 pa||£50 pa||£65 pa||£310 pa|
|Juniors (8 up to 18)||£135 pa||£30 pcm||0||£495 pa **|
|Student (18+)||£160 pa||£50 pa||£65 pa||£275 pa|
|Social (usually parents of junior members)||0||£40||0||£40 pa|
* If you use your own boat(s) instead of the club boats, then you do not pay the part of the fee for use of club boats. It is usually possible to store members’ own boats in the club racks, for a racking fee as discussed below.
** Juniors members’ fees include full coaching – see below.
Adult members can use club boats and equipment at any time within reason, in line with the club safety policy.
Novice adult members can attend taster sessions for no additional fee until you are confident to go out without a coach. There are then various paddling groups to suit all abilities. Racing is encouraged but not mandatory!
Technique & fitness coaching for adults of all abilities is available for an optional extra fee. This is currently £40 per month for 12 sessions per month, with coaches of team GB or Olympic standard.
Depending on ability, juniors will be assigned to a training group with access to a minimum of 4 sessions per week.
We encourage at least one parent of junior members to be a social member or a full member.
Social members of the club receive:
- Access to the clubhouse where Tea, Coffee and Cake is served on a Saturday, and Dinner is served on a Wednesday.
- An invitation to all club socials
- Information on upcoming races and events
Find more details for junior members in our Junior Overview information sheet.
Racking of boats
Racking is available for private boats, but there may be a waiting a list. Certain types of boat are harder to rack and space may be limited. For further information connect with Janet Evans on 020 8390 4675 – please inquire regarding racking, with costs depending on whether boats are inside, outside, K1, K2 or Canadian.
Racking costs £65.00 to store a K1 inside.
Download the appropriate application form. Complete and return as per details provided in the form.